Saturday, October 08, 2005

Home Alone


The door was shut,

the light was gone....

I stood next to the window,

I was all alone!!

The sky was grey

it was about to rain...

There was frequent lightening

which would light up the lane.

Mine was the corner house,

very old and worn out..

My heart would jump

with every roar of cloud!!

Before leaving me home alone

my family had asked me twice,

I acted a brave heart then

and now I am paying the price.

My family had been to a party

while I preferred to stay,

& I regret this decision the most

if I may say...!!

I lit up a candle,

put it on a shelf....

"They'll be home soon",

I kept telling myself.

I had just finished my dinner

in the dimnishing candle light..

I was planning to lie down

as it was way past midnight!!

Suddenly I heard something

it was the knock on the door....

Gosh!! I was terrified....

stood frozen on the floor!!

I thought and thought,

but what.... I dont know,

My mind was blank, my heart missed beats

and the blood just wouldn't flow.....!!

There was a sudden lightening

and the door knocked again....

This time it got harder

as did the rain.......!!

Could it be a thief

a killer or some ghost,

one moment i was frozen

the other i'd coast.

"Who's it" I said

as I gathered all my guts...

And reached the door

besides all Ifs & buts.

But there was no reply,

and this scared me even more....

The rain had become a storm,

and the knock, thomping on the door!!

I peeped through the key hole

with my eyes open wide....

But couldnt see a thing,

as it was so dark outside!!

"Now I am dead" I thought

theres no escape

I remembered all the Gods

every size n shape.

I gathered all my courage

and finally opened the door

Nothing would have shocked me more

then what was there in store!!

It was nothing but the dustbin

that'd got wind blown.....

My ghost was the old dustbin...

my mother had disown!![;)]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

alrite... i love this poem... period!!!